I was a returning guest on Ryan Guth’s Find Your Forte podcast. This time, for Technique Tuesday, I was asked to discuss “Religious Music in the Public School Choral Rehearsal.”
Please click here to hear the podcast.
Here are the 5 Guidelines discussed in the episode
1. Always explain WHY we choose any piece of music.
2. We need to facilitate group discussions regarding each composition with our choirs.
3. We must always be sensitive to the backgrounds of the members of our choirs.
4. We should be educating our audiences.
5. We need to approach programming in a balanced manner
I will be following up with a blog post on this topic. Be on the lookout in early/mid November.
Leave A Comment