Are you tired of being the secretary of all paperwork that happens DURING CLASS?
Are you overwhelmed AND distracted as you try to teach and keep track of daily attendance, latenesses, students not participating, students exiting and entering the room?
Here is an easy system that frees you up to focus your energy on teaching.
This system empowers your section leaders, will allow for long-term record-keeping and takes up no more than 1 minute of their time.
This 1 page PDF Document (accompanied by several supporting PDF documents) allows an entire section (up to 16 students) to record a full month’s worth of rehearsals. Every day, section leaders will be able to record:
-daily attendance (absences)
-unprepared students (music, pencil, permission slip or homework due)
-students who are not participating (sore throat, stomach ache, etc)
-students who leave the room (bathroom, guidance)
They record all of this information while YOU focus on engaging your ensemble!
This is a simple system that empowers section leaders to keep track of everything that happens during class, with minimal distraction. Everything here can be recorded in seconds.
From our section leader’s records, we have an effective record of daily occurrences.
If we wish, we can still take our own attendance and allow our students to keep track of everything else. If you must take your own attendance (and hopefully you have found a quick and efficient way), your second leaders keep track of all the other disruptions in order to keep your focus on engaging the entire ensemble. There should rarely ever be a moment where you need to record anything during class.
- A section leader tracking/attendance form that will record all section members for an entire month, up to 16 students per page. This means one page can record an entire section’s attendance, latenesses, unprepared, leaving the room, not participating, etc. for the entire month. This sheet is provided as a PDF and Excel Spreadsheet for easy duplication and editing. All codes are listed on this sheet.
- A master code sheet that easily shows each code and where to place it within the box. It is quite simple.
- A master one-box code sheet that assumes a student is late, unprepared, not participating, leaving the room for the nurse, guidance counselor, and bathroom, and has their cell phone out all in one period. This master one-box code sheet shows the simplicity of this system in order to eliminate any confusion.
- A mock section leader tracking/attendance form that shows a sample of how a typical section would be recorded over the course of two weeks
- A Bonus Section Leader FORM for section leaders to record anything from forms due (permission slip, take home quiz, etc) to events (a voluntary performance, movie night, etc?) One sheet used as a two-sided form will last an entire year!
There are no reviews yet.