ONE PURCHASE GIVES YOU UNLIMITED COPIES FOR YOUR ENSEMBLE!
This Sight-Singing Developmental Rubric will revolutionize the way you train your sight-singers. It presents the 6 prerequisites needed to become a successful sight-singer and tangible, step-by-step goals for improving these fundamental skills. As a result of this one series of rubrics, you will be able to help all of your singers to become excellent sight-singers.
Purchase this product one time and use it over and over again – you are permitted to duplicate! As a result of this one purchase, you will have the tools to train every singer to learn how to sight sing for the rest of your career!
1) The Overview of Sight-Singing Developmental Rubric Explanation that explains how to score each skill, but more importantly, it will help to guide instruction for developing each skill (matching pitch, singing a scale in tune, alternating solfege patterns, mastering aural training, note-labeling, rhythm performing).
2) Pitch-Matching Rubic – will train your weakest singers to match pitch. As a result of this rubric, you will see that none of your singers are actually tone-deaf.
3) Scale-Singing Rubric – will train your singers in tangible steps to sing a scale perfectly in tune. An in-tune scale is necessary prior to breaking apart the scale into skips and leaps.
4) Simple Alternating Solfege Pattern Rubric– will teach the basic concept of internalizing skips versus step-wise motion. As a result, they will learn the basics of audiating scale-tones.
5) Aural Training Sheet & Assessment Rubric – will assess your singer’s ability to break apart the scale and sing all diatonic leaps. They will not be success with this until they have mastered the previous 3 rubrics.
6) Note-Labeling Rubric – the ability to label pitches on the staff with precision and speed
7) Rhythm-Labeling – the ability to label all basic rhythms and perform them
8) The Sight-Singing Developmental Rubric as a pdf to print out and use. Make as many copies as you’d like. You can use one copy to chart the same student from week to week, or use a new copy each week for the same group of students.
9) The Sight-Singing Developmental Rubric as working excel file, where you can modify it to your liking.
How to use this tool:
First, download all the files so you have access to them.
Second, read through the Sight-Singing Rubric – Detailed Explanation. This will give you an overview of all the individual rubrics. You can use that as a general guideline, along with the Sight-Singing Development Rubric. This is where you can input your singers’ scores in each category.
When you see a singer who is struggling in a category, you can then use the individual rubrics. These rubrics are very clear and allow you to help your singers to make baby steps in each aspect of development.